This is a very tasty and somewhat unusual dip to serve with crackers or raw vegetables.
- 1 can Champbell's cream of shrimp soup
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons grated onion
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped sweet red pepper
- a few drops of hot sauce to taste
With electric mixer on medium speed, beat together all ingredients until smooth and totally blended. Chill at east 3 hours; serve with gourmet crackers and/or raw vegetable pieces.
The first time I served this, which was at a bridal shower, the guests actually licked the serving dish! It is indeed very tasty. Cream of shrimp soup is sometimes difficult to find, but it can be ordered from Campbell's soups on line.