Looks can be deceiving! This creamy, reduced-fat dish is low in cholesterol and loaded with calcium.
1. Cook macaroni in boiling water for 8 minutes or until al dente; drain.
2. In a medium saucepan, sauté onion in canola oil for 2 minutes. Add flour and pepper; cook 1 minute.
3. Add low-fat milk and cook, stirring, until mixture begins to thicken.
4. Stir in Dijon mustard and Worcestershire sauce.
5. Add cheese and stir until melted. Cook over low heat for 1 minute.
6. Stir in macaroni and crumbled sausage, if desired. Spoon into a baking dish.
7. Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes. Arrange tomatoes on top. Bake for 5 minutes.