To make Michigan Cherry Sauce:
1. Combine vinegar and sugar in a steel sauce pan.
2. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to medium. Reduce liquid by half.
3. Add veal demi glace and slowly simmer for about 8-10 minutes.
4. Add the cherries and remove from the heat. Right before you sauce the pork chops, add whisk it in butter.
- If unable to locate Veal Demi Glace (purchase online here), you may substitute a veal gravy (veal stock slowly thickened with arrowroot), but there will be less depth in flavor.
To make da Pork Chop:
1. Preheat oven to 250°F. Season pork chops with equal parts salt and pepper. Place in baking dish.
2. Roast pork chops, covered, until a meat thermometer inserted in the center of the chops reads an internal temperature of 130°F.
3. Finish chops over grill to "char" the outside, and bring it up to medium,145-150 degrees on the inside. This could also be done in the oven by uncovering chops and setting the oven to "broil", or finish browning in a skillet until internal temperature reaches 145-150°F.
4. To serve, plate each chop and pour cherry sauce over each.