Eliminate the morning-rush stress by serving a breakfast that not only makes things easy on you but also satisfies your hungry kids. My solution? Breakfast casserole. The secret is, the night before, whip the ingredients for this recipe together and then go to bed. Then, first thing the next morning you can just pop your casserole in the oven and serve before everyone runs out the door.
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. In a bowl whisk the eggs, milk, cheese and salt until thoroughly combined.
3. Soak the cubed bread in the egg mixture and stir until just combined (you don’t want to over mix the bread or it will break apart).
4. Fold in the remaining ingredients.
5. Pour the mixture into an 8×8 inch greased pan and bake for 45-50 minutes or until the top is golden.
6. Serve warm.
This recipe can be doubled and cooked in a 13 x 9 inch casserole dish.