1. Lay out two slices of whole wheat toast on a cutting board.
2. Coat first slice of bread evenly with Green Goddess Spread. Set aside.
3. Spread second slice of bread evenly with Goat Cheese Mousse, then layer with cucumber slices. Season lightly with salt, pepper and olive oil.
4. Next, add Romaine and tomato on top of cucumber. Again, season lightly with salt, pepper and olive oil.
5. Then, add slices of avocado, and top with the slice of toast with the Green Goddess Spread.
Goat Cheese Mousse
1 quart goat cheese, at room temperature
4 ounces buttermilk
1/4 cup your favorite fresh seasonal herbs, finely chopped
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1. In blender or food processor, add goat cheese and buttermilk. Puree until smooth; mixture should be thick. (If blender or food processor is not available, mix together in large bowl using rubber spatula.)
2. Transfer to bowl and mix in herbs. Taste for seasoning, and adjust with salt and pepper as necessary.
Green Goddess Spread
1 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup sour cream
2 garlic cloves
1 lemon, juiced
1/2 quart mixed green herbs (equal parts parsley, tarragon and chive)
1. Combine all ingredients in blender and puree until smooth and uniformly green in color. If blender is not available, finely chop garlic and herbs and then whisk all ingredients together in large bowl.